Texas had his 2 month checkup. The day started at 6:15 we got the kids ready and jumped in the car. We went to Rat's office first. He wanted to show everyone Texas, since they hadn't seen him yet. CandyBar was a super grouch and wouldn't let anyone close to him, he's used to sleeping in till 8 or 9 so I guess I can't blame him. After everyone got there oo's and ahhs out we left Rat and headed to WalMart until Texas' appointment.
That went really well; Texas slept the whole time and CandyBar had a little plastic horse to keep him occupied. We had some pictures to drop off so we did that and got a few groceries and a Christmas present for Daddy.
Then we headed to the Dr office. I had taken the stroller because I was a little nervous about trying to keep CandyBar close with Texas in my arms. It turned out really well though. They have a tv in the waiting room that had The Rescuers Down Under playing so CandyBar was mesmerised and sat in his stroller perfectly still. We didn't have to wait very long, just long enough to feed Texas and get a good burp so that helped too.
Back in the room they checked Texas over and CandyBar looked at all the kids books they had stashed in there.
She declared Texas healthy. He's 16 lbs and 26" long putting him in the 99th percentile in both. CandyBar was always right around the 75th so Texas is quite a bit bigger. She said he's the size of an average 6 month old, which I believe since he's wearing 6 - 9 month clothes.
After she finished with Texas I asked her if she would mind looking CandyBar over. He had a really pink goopy eye. I sat him up on my lap and she started looking at things. I quickly realized my leg was getting soaked. She said it was an eye infection and went to pull his chart. While she was out I realized there was a little puddle of wet on the floor next to us. CandyBar's pants were soaked. I stripped him down and his diaper was mostly dry, he must have wet out the side of it onto the floor. Not expecting him to have diaper problems I didn't have anything else to put him in. I had plenty for Texas, but oh well. So CandyBar spent the remainder of our time there in a diaper, shoes and coat. We got everything cleaned up with the help of the nurse and they came in to give Texas his shots. Poor little guy. Afterwords they came in with a bunch of stickers and guess what CandyBar picked out?
Who would have thought? We loaded into the car and went back to WalMart to get our pictures and CandyBar a pair of pants. I felt like such a trashy mom with my little boy in the basket with no pants on. It didn't really help that it was like 30 degrees outside.
After CandyBar was fully clothed we went back to the office to pick up Rat, did a few more errands there in town and went home.
As soon as we got home CandyBar grabbed his stuffed hose and rode around the house while Texas kicked on the floor and we made lunch. That boy sure loves his horses!
Like his new pants?
I love this one...
It looks like he really thinks his Mom is awesome but what he is really doing is pointing to himself and saying "I'm Jim" which he does quite often. He's referring to Jim on "The Man from Snowy River"
His all time favorite movie right now.


No comments:
Post a Comment