January 12, 2012

Sucker

Why is this boy so happy?
Because he got a raspberry sucker.
Why did he get a sucker?
Becuase he went potty in the toilet!
(Don't mind the snotty nose)

A few months before Texas was born we tried to get CandyBar to potty train, but it wasn't really working so we quit. Figured we'd wait till he was a bit older. 
Last Saturday when I was putting his jammies on him he stopped me and said, "No Mommy. Potty!" and took off running to the bathroom. Hence, the sucker! 
Since then he has been using it regularly. I've kept him in a diaper, but it's only wet maybe once or twice a day. We have a jar of skittles in the bathroom and getting one each time has worked wonders. I guess it just had to be his idea. Hopefully it keeps happening!

3 comments:

Carlie said...

Congrats! I'm jealous. Mine is actively fighting the process. Good Luck as things progress!

deargoodness said...

whoa Heath! that is awesome!

GlowWorm said...

Yay Candybar! Maybe he can teach Julia