This weekend we went to Memphis, MO with my sister in law and her family. Rat and her husband went hunting while we played with the kids at the cabin. I was a little weary going the boys were super cranky the day we left...
and Rat and I had had a stomach virus earlier in the week and I was worried one of the boys would end up with it on the trip.
We all stayed healthy though and had a ton of fun. While we were there Mary and I took all the kids (6 boys under 6) to The Dutchman's Store which was AMAZING! (They don't have a website, but this lady's blog goes into enough detail.) I wish we had brought a babysitter along just for this. We know for next time I guess. I was able to get Rootbeer Extract, which I have been looking for for a long time and can never find here in the states, and bulk items that we use a lot (split peas, oats) for a good price. They have pretty much every spice you could ever need for really good prices so I got a few of those that we use a lot. Also there are not taxes on food in Iowa so that was sweet! They also had a bunch of those little plastic farm animal figures for 40cents each so I got a couple horses and other animals for CandyBar's stocking. I let him play with the horses in the store so I could do my shopping, let me tell you those two little horses have been the best 80 cents I have spent thus far. He played with those things the whole trip and has continued to since. They are Wonderful!
Despite some cranky kids, and the van battery going dead, losing keys,
being a bit cold, and not getting any deer...
we had a lot of good laughs, cute kids, snuggly times, tasty food, and long talks.
It was definitely a weekend to be remembered.










1 comment:
what a super cute hat!
Post a Comment