Poor CandyBar inherited block feet. Up to this point I have been making him shoes because nothing would fit his wide tall blocks. I've the pattern for
stardust shoes, but since the pattern only comes in a little baby size I was constantly having to redo the pattern for a bigger foot each time CandyBar grew out of or wore through his shoes.
 |
| Notice how he always walks on his toes? |
So recently my sister in laws were talking about their children with block feet and suggested a few places that carry wide sizes for kids. Hurray! So out with the old and in with the new!
 |
| Happy Feet! |
4 comments:
Where did you end up finding them? Did he have some trouble walking with the harder soles? I am glad you found some for him.
We found a great pair at Payless. They actually are pretty soft soled so he didn't have too much trouble. Just a day or so of walking really clunky. I guess when you've only ever walked around almost bare foot your whole life your going to have a little trouble with anything real. He's back to his normal stride now though.
Does this mean that you won't be getting any leather from me to make shoes? (sniffle...)
I thought that's where you got them. They are the same shoes that Bertha Marie is wearing now.(bought for Lily when she was 2) Only ours are pretty with pink stripes. Are they that shoes he was wearing in the oil? If so I hope they came clean.
Post a Comment