January 01, 2012

Silver Dollar

We went with my cousin & his family and my parents to Silver Dollar City.  I was super excited since the last time I was able to ride a roller coaster was 4 or so years ago. We had been planning for weeks and were all pumped up to go. The forecast said it was going to be cold, but sunny. So we thought, "good the park will not be too busy, but the weather tolerable." Man were we ever wrong. It started out fairly slow, but by the time the sun was going down it was like someone yelled "free money" or something. There were SO many people! Luckily that was about the time we had planned on going home. I had never seen it like that and we've been going since I was just little.  

The car ride there was heavenly. We took my cousins son along with us so he wouldn't have to ride in a car full of girls and all three boys slept pretty much the whole way there! 

CandyBar loves to hold Texas' hand now, most likely because he always sees daddy and I holding hands in the car.  I absolutely love it, it's so cute!

When we got there we bundled the kids up like Eskimos and set out. Texas was such a good baby and slept most of the day in the stroller all covered up and warm.  I learned that they have "Nursing Stations" throughout the park so that was pretty awesome too!


Other than the seas of people we had to work around, we had a supper fun time! CandyBar got to do so many new things that he just loved!

Westo
 Sam & Heids
 Rat & CandyBar
 Heids was super brave and loved the rides...
 CandyBar on the other hand, not so much.
 He did love the balls though.
 Amy fed him some Cotton Candy. The first bit she gave him he just threw thinking it wasn't food, but soon learned how tasty it really was.
 They had a quilt shop called "Becca's House." It reminded us of another Becca we know and love : )
 I'm pretty sure this was CandyBar's favorite part of the day. He kept asking different people to take him on it over and over again.
 Once it got dark and really cold we all went to Golden Corral to stuff ourselves silly.

 

 

2 comments:

GlowWorm said...

Looks fun! I haven't been to Silver Dollar City in 20 years. I bet it is alot different. One of these day's we'll all go!

pickle said...

what a great time! very fun