Now that we've been moved for a couple weeks, we're starting to get settled into a pretty good routine. We really are loving it here so far. The location is wonderful, so clost to so much. We're making some great friends and Daddy's classes are going really well. It is so much noisier and brighter here than we're used to, but everything else kinda makes up for that.
When we first moved in Matt went to take a shower and the water was either freezing cold, or boiling hot, no happy medium. So the next morning we called the apt manager and she had someone out to fix it in a couple hours. (turns out they replaced the faucet and stuff and when they put on the new handle they just put it on upsidedown) Now Matts questioning weather he ever wants to own a house again. Here, something goes wrong, they call someone, and before he's even home from school the problems been fixed. He doesn't have to think about a thing.
Heath has been doing really well with the change, he's been sleeping so much better. I think it might just be the excitement of sleeping in his new room, but whatever it is it's wonderful. Rather than being put to bed and getting up several times before falling asleep, he just stays in his bed and is usually out in half an hour. : ) maybe it's just the noise of the city though.
The other morning we had left a bit of a cheerio mess on the table. While I was putting Houston down for a nap I heard them all getting crunched and came out to see Heath standing on the table holding bearbear clomping the cheerios with his feet. I put him in time out and took away bearbear. I stepped out of the room for a second while he fussed about wanting his bear. When I came back he had gotten up, grabbed bearbear, and was holding him over the cheerio mess making him clomp them with his feet. He said "mommy, bearbear being knoty, he needs a timeout too."
Gotta give him some credit for creativity on that one.
We thought our ward back home had a lot of nursery aged kiddos in it. We were mistaken. Our new ward has 5 nursreys in it! Heath's nursery class meets in the gym, which he loves. He can run and run and run! On Sunday when I picked him up I had bearbear in the diaper bag. He came running up to
me saying his usual, "Mommmyyyyy" gave me a hug, then found bear in my bag. He grabbed him and said, "it's ok bear bear, I came back to you." It was pretty cute.
He does seem to be really worried about where we are going if we ever leave the house, and about once a day if I'm in another room he'll start yelling for me in a panicked voice. I think he's worried we're going to leave him.
Houston started really officially walking all the time about a day before we actually moved, so I guess Aug 13th. (must have been in honor of uncle Eddie) he is quite the pro now and keeps up with Heath really well. Hes pretty funny to watch, he keeps his hands up high and has a funny little gait. Mostly does little knee ups to move forward. He has been a bit of a challenge lately. He just screams hysterically when he's not getting exactly what he wants. Weather its a toy, or me, or some unknown something that no one can seem to figure out. It's really trying all of our patience. Heath especially gets upset when its happening. He usually starts whining too in a very unsure worried tone. Hopefully it's something that he grows out of real quick. Sleeping has been far and few between for him also. He still naps just fine, but at night he's getting up at least every 3 hours if not more frequently. And it's not the oh, just fed me for a bit and I'll go back to sleep, it usually involves lots of screaming and thrashing and being almost hysterical and waking everyone in the house up. Needless to say I've kinda felt like a zombie for a while. Hopefully this too is something he grows out of quickly. Matt has been really good about making sure I get lots of naps when he can though, so that's super wonderful!
We haven't done much fun stuff here yet, but we have gone to a few parks, the zoo and the library. They were all lots of fun! So many fun places to explore. Tomorrows my birthday so I'm sure well have an adventure somewhere fun for that.
me saying his usual, "Mommmyyyyy" gave me a hug, then found bear in my bag. He grabbed him and said, "it's ok bear bear, I came back to you." It was pretty cute.
He does seem to be really worried about where we are going if we ever leave the house, and about once a day if I'm in another room he'll start yelling for me in a panicked voice. I think he's worried we're going to leave him.
Houston started really officially walking all the time about a day before we actually moved, so I guess Aug 13th. (must have been in honor of uncle Eddie) he is quite the pro now and keeps up with Heath really well. Hes pretty funny to watch, he keeps his hands up high and has a funny little gait. Mostly does little knee ups to move forward. He has been a bit of a challenge lately. He just screams hysterically when he's not getting exactly what he wants. Weather its a toy, or me, or some unknown something that no one can seem to figure out. It's really trying all of our patience. Heath especially gets upset when its happening. He usually starts whining too in a very unsure worried tone. Hopefully it's something that he grows out of real quick. Sleeping has been far and few between for him also. He still naps just fine, but at night he's getting up at least every 3 hours if not more frequently. And it's not the oh, just fed me for a bit and I'll go back to sleep, it usually involves lots of screaming and thrashing and being almost hysterical and waking everyone in the house up. Needless to say I've kinda felt like a zombie for a while. Hopefully this too is something he grows out of quickly. Matt has been really good about making sure I get lots of naps when he can though, so that's super wonderful!
We haven't done much fun stuff here yet, but we have gone to a few parks, the zoo and the library. They were all lots of fun! So many fun places to explore. Tomorrows my birthday so I'm sure well have an adventure somewhere fun for that.
2 comments:
I'm so glad the move went smoothly! I'm a little jealous of all the super fun free stuff you will get to do in St. Louis!
I'll keep my fingers crossed that Houston is going through a quick phase. Rhett does the whole screaming hysterically bit too, and it is so frustrating. We love you guys!
I think it might be night terrors. If it is, it takes awhile to grow out of :(
Post a Comment